Thank you to everyone who took 2 or even 3 days away from patients and family to attend the 2019 Acumen Engage Conference. We recognize the sacrifice and logistics involved in scheduling your valuable time and hope you felt that the time away was worth it.
The conference was held in Nashville, Tennessee, from Wednesday, August 14 through Friday, August 16. We had 93 attendees representing 43 practices from all over the U.S. in addition to the 53 Acumen team members who were there to engage!
In case you missed the conference this year, here are a few highlights from the content presented:
- Global reporting and value-based care. Blog contributor and regulatory expert Diana Strubler provided a deep dive on everything you need to know about how a transition to Acumen 2.0 will affect your reporting. She teamed up with Dr. Ahmad Sharif and Corrin Arrone to explain how to adapt as healthcare reimbursement changes from fee-for-service to value-based care models. Their presentation was the most highly requested slide deck following the conference as it contained unparalleled insight into the proposed rule.
- What is Revenue Cycle Management? Practice managers and physicians took the stage (and screen) to talk about why they chose Acumen RCM. Revenue Cycle Management is not a takeover, but a partnership with immense transparency into your billing. The key takeaway was that you do better when we do better. So the stronger the partnership, the better the benefits of using Acumen Revenue Cycle Management.
- Direct engagement with peers in all phases of transition to Acumen 2.0. We allotted 5 hours of conference time for small groups. Half of that time we facilitated focused sessions on Go-Lives, Reporting, and Practice Management System, illustrating how we can make Acumen 2.0 the best product for each customer. The other half was arranged to foster one-on-one connections.
- Exhibit hall-like resource rooms running parallel to the entire conference. Many attendees scheduled appointments in the Acumen Engage App to take a deep dive into product features, try our demos, attend interactive sessions, and engage in peer-to-peer discussion.
- Vendors! Waystar, Dragon, Frenova, and Epharmix were on site to demonstrate their tools and products and to provide some freebies. Congratulations to Carolina Kidney Care for winning the Waystar Drawing!
Planning and preparations for the Acumen Engage 2020 Conference are underway! In the weeks following the 2019 conference we have been listening to you on how we can improve, what content you loved, and what we can focus on more deeply. We have already begun looking at calendars and destinations for where and when to hold the 2020 conference. We don’t have any big reveals yet, but it shouldn’t be long. The survey is still open, so if you are interested in providing feedback for next year, please complete the survey.
The Annual Acumen Physician Solutions conference is intended to serve Physicians, Clinical Staff, Practice Managers, Billing Managers, IT Professionals, and many more. If you are interested in attending or would like more information for the future, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.