Acumen is proud to announce that we have achieved Epic Connect Accreditation for the 2023 program year! We are one of the first Epic organizations to receive this accolade in 2023 – and amongst a select number of Epic health organizations that will receive this achievement overall.
The goal of Epic Connect Accreditation is for Epic Hosts (Acumen) to have happy Connect Users (our practices) by following best practices and demonstrate high adoption of Epic.
The program is designed to help members of the Epic community ensure that they have a strong foundational system, as well as an appropriate governance and support structure. In addition, accreditation is awarded for achieving a high-level of system adoption by meeting key performance metrics and staying current with Epic software.
The key components for the 2023 program year included:
- Connect sites are happy and feel well supported – This was achieved through both end-user surveys and actionable next steps; regular calls between our practices, Acumen, and our Epic partners.
- Make the most of Epic with high feature adoption as a Connect host – This was achieved through implementing high-value features and measuring for successful adoption.
- Use technology to improve health outcomes as a Connect host (HIMSS Stage recognition) – An Acumen practice was awarded HIMSS Stage 6 recognition.
- Epic community participation – Inviting our customers to Epic events and access to Epic’s UserWeb.
- Give practice site executives dashboards and insights into their operational performance – An executive packet is delivered and reviewed at least annually for practices with >25 providers.
- Revenue Cycle Success: Ensure Connect sites are satisfied with their revenue cycle performance – Review health reports, establish biannual reviews with leadership and establish action plans.
- No de-installs – No practices have left due to dissatisfaction of our system.
Thank you to our Acumen team and especially to our practice partners who helped Acumen achieve this year’s accreditation!
We appreciate your continued support and opportunity to serve you.
Diana Strubler, Senior Director of Product Strategy and Regulatory Policy at Acumen Physician Solutions/Interwell Health. Diana leads the strategy for a portfolio of Acumen products and services – with a large focus around value-based care. She also serves as Acumen’s health IT regulatory expert. Diana has over 15 years’ experience in health informatics and is a published author in several medical journals and blogs.